IOI is a leading technology consultancy and implementation partner, helping brands, agencies and retailers find the right technology to unleash their creative workflows. Our expertise covers the transformation of content management, DAM and workflow solutions from design, through development, into organizational change management and long-term support.
Position Opening: Systems Support Engineer
IO Integration, Inc. (IOI) is looking for a Systems Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level technical assistance to our customers. You will identify, diagnose, research and troubleshoot software, hardware and network problems for our customers’ computing and storage environments under contract with IOI.
The Systems Support Engineer’s responsibilities include resolving application, computer and network issues, configuring applications and systems, using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support and implementing technical solutions for customer-funded projects. You will use IOI-provided help desk software as well as email to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or remote meeting software to provide clear technical instructions.
Properly qualified applicants should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering or have comparable, relevant work experience. Industry-standard certifications, such as those from Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Linux or similar are a plus.
If you have an affinity, by way of personality and/or experience, for assisting others in resolving technical issues in complex computer environments with a calm, patient and detail-oriented demeanor, we are looking to speak with you. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Identify, confirm, test, research, troubleshoot and, ultimately, resolve software and hardware issues raised by customers.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand reported problems
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits (SLAs)
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until the technical issue is resolved
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal or external teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers and internal management
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and clearly documented
- Prioritize and manage several open issues and projects
- Follow up with clients to ensure provide/implemented resolutions are fully functional
- Prepare accurate and timely reports via the help desk application
- Document and share technical knowledge in the form of notes, processes and manuals
- Maintain friendly but professional relationships with customers
- Occasional travel and occasional weekend/after-hours work
Qualifications & Skills:
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Mac OS environments. Windows experience helpful but not required
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other technical products
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot basic and complex technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both in written and verbal form
- Must be a self-starter and fast learner capable of managing multiple open issues and ongoing projects
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant equivalent experience
- Additional pertinent technical certifications are a plus
- Experience with Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems, Xinet and/or Dalim products, Adobe Creative Cloud products and Monday.com is a big plus
- Understanding of, and/or experience in, a creative media asset production environment is very beneficial.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(K) retirement savings program
- 20 days of vacation
- Health insurance, including dental and vision coverage